Ubersuggest vs Ahrefs, these SEO tools are getting quite popular nowadays, and I’m getting many questions from beginner bloggers regarding these tools which one is the best SEO and keyword research tool between Ahrefs and Ubersuggest?
I would like to say both tools are great as per their features but there are some aspects that we need to discuss to check which one is the best.
Before we start this battle of Ahrefs vs Ubersuggest, I would like to tell you that Ahrefs is an advanced tool compared to Ubersuggest.
But in some aspects, Ubersuggest is quite ahead of Ahrefs and that’s what we are going to discuss in this awesome article so keep reading it till the end.
So let’s start with Ubersuggest,
There are many SEO and keyword research tools in the market for bloggers to analyze competitors’ keywords and websites through different features.
Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest is one of them.
What is Ubersuggest:
Ubersuggest is an all-round free and premium SEO tool that displays keywords’
Also, Ubersuggest provides a free extension tool for these browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
Who is the Owner of Ubersuggest?
Neel Patel is the owner of Ubersuggest and also the co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, and KISSMetrics.
He is also the owner of Neilpatel.com where he publishes blogging and digital marketing-related blogs.
Moreover, he is a New York Times Best Selling Author and according to the Wall Street Journal, he is the top influencer on the web.
Now, let’s talk about Ahrefs.
Ahrefs is the most trusted SEO tool in the market so far. Though it is a costly tool, being a powerful software with multiple features, it is the most proven tool that brings results for marketers.
What is Ahrefs?
Ahrefs is an all-rounder SEO software suite with cutting-edge technology that helps small to big companies to
- Find out low-difficulty keywords,
- Analyze the SERP history of your competitors’ sites,
- See competitors’ organic URL Rating, Domain Rating, keywords, organic traffic, organic keywords, referring domains, traffic value, top pages, etc.
- Analyze Backlinks,
- Provide short-term and long-term keywords,
- Help in rank tracking and site audits,
- Study Ads and CPC and many more.
Ahrefs offers a free extension tool that is Ahrefs SEO ToolBar for Chrome browser and Mozilla Firefox.
Who is the Owner of Ahrefs?
Ahrefs is an emerging multinational Singapore-based startup company and the CEO and founder of this company is Dmitry Gerasimenko.
There is a big contribution from their team to the success of Ahrefs.
Ubersuggest vs Ahrefs: Comparison of Features
Now we will compare Ubersuggest with Ahrefs regarding the features that they offer.
Ubersuggest Keyword Tool vs Ahrefs Free Keyword Generator:
Here we will compare Ubersuggest and Ahrefs’ free keyword research tool
To find out keywords from Ubersuggest’s free keyword tool, you have to go to https://app.neilpatel.com.
Then complete the signup process.
Now follow these steps:
- Firstly, click on the Keyword Research option on the right side of the dashboard.
- Now, click on Keyword Ideas.
- Now, look at the Discover New Keywords section. Here you have to put your keywords.
Then select Language and Location and click on search.
- Now you will get tons of keywords with data. Moreover, you can get the Google SERP data of any particular keywords.
By the way, there is one more free keyword research tool named RaptorKit, you can use it for free with unlimited usage.
- Ahrefs’ Free Keyword Tool
To get access to Ahrefs’ free keyword tool,
- you have to go to any search engine and search “Ahrefs Free Keyword Generator Tool”.
- Here I am using Google and Chrome Browser.
- Now click on the first result
- Now it will lead you to Ahrefs’ official page.
How to Use Ahrefs Free Keyword Generator Tool?
Ahrefs Free Keyword Generator Tool’s dashboard is very user-friendly and easy to use.
Once you land on this dashboard,
- Firstly, choose your Search Engine: Google, Bing YouTube, or Amazon,
- Secondly, put the keywords in the search box. For example: “how to create a WordPress blog”.
- Thirdly, choose the targeted country.
- Lastly, click on Find Keywords.
- You will get many keywords that relate to the phrases of your keywords along with informative keywords.
Moreover, you get keywords’ Difficulty, Volume.
- Competitor Analysis
Both these tools provide amazing features to analyze your competitors’ sites.
To analyze your competitors’ website
- Firstly, you have to click on the SEARCH BY WEBSITE. Then put the domain on Discover New Keywords.
- Secondly, choose language and location and click on SEARCH.
- Immediately you get all the keyword data with their difficulty, volume, and CPC.
- Moreover, you can filter the results by using different parameters.
If you want to access Ahrefs’ free keyword research tool to analyze your competitor,
- you must complete the signup and verification process. Now, you will land on their dashboard.
- Put the domain that you want to analyze. You get all that data of your competitor. Here you can see in this screenshot.
- From keywords to organic traffic, and from domain rating to backlink profile, you get every single data.
- Backlink analysis:
Let’s see how you can analyze backlinks of any specific URL.
To do a deep analysis by using Ubersuggest,
- First, you have to click on the Backlinks option.
- Now, click on Backlink Overview.
- Then put the URL. Here you go.
- You get all the Backlink data:
- Domain Authority
- Referring Domain
- A Graphical Image of Backlinks Over the Time
- New & Lost Referring Domain
To analyze backlinks in Ahrefs,
- Firstly, you have to put your domain in the search box. Then click on search.
- Now, it will provide all the data of that domain. Now simply click on Backlink Profile and Backlinks.
- See the screenshot. You can see all the information about the backlinks.
- Site Audit:
Site Audit plays a key role in SEO. Both Ahrefs’ and Ubersuggest’s free tool is fit to do site Audit.
I will show you how to do a site audit by using both of these tools for free.
Foremost lick on the Site Audit option.
- Now put your domain or URL. Next, choose from Domain or URL. And click on the Search button.
- See the screenshot.
- You get all the data of that domain such as
- ON-PAGE SEO Score
- Organic Monthly Traffic
- Page Discovered, Page Issues & Page Status
- Site speed etc.
To do a site audit in Ahrefs is really easy. Moreover, Ahrefs provide more in-depth data compared to Ubersuggest.
- Firstly put a domain in Ahrefs’ search bar and click on search.
- Next, click on the Site Audit option in the top right position.
- Here you go. You get all the data of that particular domain.
- Pricing and plans:
Now you will compare the pricing of both of these tools.
Ubersuggest has three plans and these three plans are divided into two categories: Monthly and Lifetime.
- Individual: $12/month
- Business: $20/month
- Individual: $120 for Lifetime
- Business: $200 for Lifetime
- Enterprise/Agency: $400 for a lifetime.
If you go for Ahrefs’ lifetime plan, then you can save 90%.
Ahrefs offers four plans and the pricing differs according to the monthly and annual plans.
- Light: $99
- Standard: $199
- Advanced: $399
- Enterprise: $999
But, if you go for their annual plan, it costs around 10% less and you get 2 months of free access.
Ubersuggest vs Ahrefs: Pros and Cons?
Look, every tool has its own benefits and disadvantages. So, Ubersuggest and Ahrefs have
Now we are going to discuss the pros and cons of Ubersuggest and Ahrefs as well.
- Ubersuggest is a very easy-to-use SEO tool with cutting-edge technology.
- It offers a free extension for different browsers.
- Provide social media results.
- Amazing onboarding video tutorial.
- It offers a particular keyword’s top ten SERP results.
- Its site audit’s graphical analysis is amazing.
- Ubersuggest offers a 7-day free trial.
- You can do 3 searches per day if you are a guest user. And when you are a logged-in user, you can do 5 searches every day.
- Ubersuggest hides a lot of keywords’ data. You only get access to that when you purchase the premium plan.
- They don’t offer any mobile app.
Now, let’s see the pros and cons of Ahrefs.
- Its dashboard is dashing and multi-featured.
- Ahrefs’ keyword analysis is more accurate compared to other keyword research tools.
- With the help of this Ahrefs’ Webmaster tool, you can analyze your competitor’s organic traffic, keywords, and Backlink Profile.
- The best tool to perform SEO audit.
- Ahrefs’ keyword data: SEO difficulty and volume is so accurate that you can rank your keywords very quickly.
- It provides keywords’ ranking history on Google SERP.
- You can find many valuable keywords by using any parent keywords or your competitor’s site.
- You don’t get any limitations while using Ahrefs free keyword tool.
- Costly for beginners.
- Learning Ahrefs may take some time as it is a little complicated.
- Ahrefs doesn’t provide a free trial.
- Ahrefs only supports the English language.
Ahrefs vs Ubersuggest: Which One to Choose?
Look both these keyword tools work amazingly. But there are a few conditions regarding choosing one of these.
Factors to consider before choosing an SEO tool:
There are many keyword research tools in the market.
But, it is fact that no tool can provide accurate data regarding:
- Keywords’ difficulty or volume,
- SEO score,
- Backlink analysis, etc
But, as far as Ahrefs’ and Ubersuggest’s accuracy is concerned, Ahrefs’ data is far more trustable and accurate as it has been in the market since 2010.
On the other hand, Ubersuggest is a new tool. However, it provides amazing keyword data and link analysis at a cheap price.
- Comparison of Pricing Plans:
Ahrefs is surely a costly tool compared to Ubersuggest.
Ubersuggest’s basic Lifetime plan costs $120, whereas Ahrefs’s monthly plan costs $99.
So, you can imagine how costly Ahrefs is.
- My Recommendation
Here I will tell you exactly when to use Ahrefs and when Ubersuggest.
Ubersuggest is best for new bloggers who are getting started in the SEO field and have less money to invest.
Even, they can precisely utilize the free version of Ubersuggest.
Moreover, they can try a 7-day free trial before purchasing the premium plans.
Ahrefs is best for intermediates and big organizations that are experienced in SEO and digital marketing and have a budget.
Normally, Ahrefs is an advanced tool that is only perfect for those pro SEOs who already have used any SEO tool.
Though Ahrefs’ free Webmaster tool offers many features that a newbie can utilize for keyword research and SEO.
In a Nutshell:
Ahrefs is an all-around SEO tool that’s useful for a wide variety of users. It’s especially useful for solopreneurs, small business owners, and small agencies managing SEO for multiple clients.
Though Ubersuggest is new in the market, it provides amazing data and information about keywords and your competitor’s site.
Therefore, a newbie goes for Ubersuggest, and an experienced SEO person goes for Ahrefs.
So, comment below which keyword research tool you are going to use.