What is Domain Authority (DA)
Domain Authority is a ranking score for search engines, which is developed by Moz, which anticipates the authority, trust, and website/blog rank in SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
What is a Good Domain Authority Score?
The Domain Authority score is a scale from 1 to 100, in which the 1 is the lowest or you may say bad, and 100 is the best. No one can say that this number is a good DA, but many SEO experts say a good DA score is between 50 to 60, and more than 60 is great.
How is Domain Authority Calculated?
- The number of root domains linking to your website.
- Total numbers of backlinks
- Number of external linking
- Social Media Shares
How Do I Check My Website’s Domain Authority?
|Moz Link Explorer|
There is a bunch of domain authority checkers where you can check Domain Authority (DA) and Page Authority (PA) of your site, but the best is Moz Link Explorer which is free to use and will be the right one to use, as the Domain Authority is itself developed by Moz.
How to Increase Domain Authority?
The best practices you can do to increase your website’s Domain Authority, as well as Page Authority, are mentioned below-
- Proper SEO (On-page, Off-page & Technical)
- Create an Accurate & Linkable content
- Good Internal & External Linking
- Profile Building – Create Social profiles and add your site’s link in profile (check this list of 80+ profile creation sites)
- Steal quality links of your competitors
- Remove dead & bad links
- Optimize website load speed
- Good Domain Name
- Share your content!
- Create Backlinks (check out – What are backlinks and how to get backlinks)